Thursday, November 4, 2010

"Even What Seemed the Impossible Can Happen." San Francisco Giants Pre Ticker Tape Parade. Event date: 11/3/10.

Who would have figured the San Francisco Giants would have won the World Series this year?

I recall the last time the Giants made a trip to the World Series.  During that last trip, they played against the Angels.  I can't recall if they were called the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim or not back then.  But, what I recall was that the Giants had been leading comfortably.  Giants' Manager Dusty Baker went to the mound.  He took the ball and game from Pitcher Russ Ortiz.  That fateful decision would cost the Giants the game and the eventual World Series.  From that point on, I was certain a curse was upon the Giants.

And, if you look at Giants' history, since their move to San Francisco from New York, the team has never won a World Series.  The team moved here in the late 1950s.  I was certain there must have been some unnatural forces at hand keeping them from winning a World Series.

But, they did it.  They won the World Series this year.  They made what seemed the impossible happen.

Although I had a meeting scheduled for later and might have to work during the parade, I managed to walk thru parts of the route of the Giants Ticker Tape parade before the parade had begun.
Congrats!!!  SF Giants.
And, that elusive title for over 50 years.  They are finally, "World Series Champions."
Today was just an amazing day.  I never thought there would be such a day.  I guess the song from Journey is most accurate, "Don't Stop Believin'."

No comments:

Post a Comment