|My 1st ever DSE finisher's ribbon for completing the 6 Hour Distance Classic.|
- I was very happy with the number of laps completed and my mileage. Mentally, I was fried completing 22 loops (1.061 mile per loop). It was the first time I had gone around in circles that many times for a single event, so I really didn't know what to expect going in.
- Had I had another 3 minutes, I could have completed another lap.
- My wallet was also incredibly happy my event registration fee was $10, not including the pesky Active.com fees.
Course wise: 23.34 miles completed (22 x 1.061)
Garmin: 24.25 miles completed
More than 50% dirt trail. It was a 1.061 mile loop around part of Crissy Field in the Presidio. It was relatively flat with 1 very tiny hill.
Along the way, some pebbles fell into my shoes, but I didn't stop to empty them out. I will definitely wear gaiters next time
The Golden Gate Bridge, the Palace of Fine Arts and Alcatraz were in the backdrop.
- A caterpillar crossed my path during 1 of my laps. Usually, I wouldn't be that excited, but being mentally fried from completing so many laps, it was a highlight along the way.
- Also, because it was a loop course, I passed and got passed by a few familiar faces, including Endorphin Dude and Ultra Woof.
It was windy on one side, while it was hot and congested on the other side.
Net guestimate calories burned: 1,222