Friday, November 5, 2010

Clif Shin Dig. Event date: 11/4/10.

Since it's was a Clif Shin Dig, I expected to see some Clif snacks and nibbles.  I was not disappointed.

But, I was surprised by the main "entree" by Toasty Melts, who operates as a mobile food cart.  They can be found at:  http://twitter.com/Toastymelts.  Toasty Melts are known for their grilled cheese sandwiches.
Toasty Melts
I had both the Apple, Bacon and Cheddar Grilled Cheese and the 3 Cheese Grilled Cheese.  I found both to be delicious.  Then again, I was famished after work today.

There were also raffle prizes.  Some of the prizes included messenger bags and Clif T shirts.  Although I don't ride, I won a cycling jersey.  Perhaps, the I don't ride is why I won the jersey.  :)

Small World:
Someone named, Stephen, also attended the shin dig.  Although we have never met, we have a FB friend in common, who is Peggy, who moved to Philly recently.  He notice I had commented on Peggy's FB posts, and she had commented on my posts.  I guess it's another demonstration of the power of the Internet and social networking across the Internet.  You get to meet folks who know more about you before meeting you.

No comments:

Post a Comment