Sunday, June 12, 2011

Gone Volunteering at the 2011 Brazen Racing Trail Quake Half Marathon, 10k and 5k Events at Sanborn Park, Saratoga, CA.

Twas 3 days after my 20 milerYesterday, I went to the gym, and my legs were tired on the hamster wheel and on the elliptical.

Today, my tired legs and the rest of me went volunteering at the 2011 Brazen Racing Trail Quake Half Marathon, 10k and 5k events at Sanborn County Park, Saratoga, CA.

Boy!  Am I glad my legs were not running anything on that course.  A huge portion of the finishers who came in were talking about how large this hill was along the course.  I don't even want to imagine how my tired legs would have fared against such a hill.

Here are few pics from the event:
The Start/Finish.

The finisher's bling.

It's-It.  Yummy!!!

The unexpected guest.  It showed up in the finishers' food area after the food was packed up.

Just watching folks run makes me want to go out for a run, but my tired legs still need some rest post-20 miler.  Perhaps, in a day or 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment