Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Gone Cheering at the Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon, San Francisco, CA. June 5, 2011

Every now and then, someone would ask me if I would try a triathlon, which is an event combining the 3 disciplines of swimming, bicycling and running.

Over the past weekend, there was the Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon and expo.  I just happened to be in the area and went cheering with a cowbell before passing thru their expo.

The famous Alcatraz prison.

The participants didn't really escape from the famous Alcatraz prison.  They jump off a boat into the water.

After their swim portion, they pedaled off on a bicycle.

An Escape from Alcatraz participant pedaled by me with the Golden Gate Bridge in the background.

Their last leg is the run portion.


After cheering for a short while, I milled thru their expo.  Their expo seemed pretty small and its size seem comparable to an expo for a small running event.

I picked up the following items from vendors/sponsors:
  1. a very delicious cup of Strawberry Chobani yogurt
  2. a bag of rice from Mahatma
  3. a very handy bottle opener key-chain from Sierra Nevada
  4. a sports bottle from Sports Basement
I <3 Sports Basement.


As for me doing a triathlon, currently, I seem to have the running part down and know how to swim.  But, I really can't afford one of those nice bicycles for any triathlon, so I don't think any triathlon is in my near future.

In the far distant future, I wouldn't rule out doing a triathlon though.

Fro more info. on the Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment