Thursday, October 14, 2010

2010 Chicago Marathon: Post Race Commiserating.

Sometimes, post event commiserating helps with the post race blues.

I was disappointed with how my 2nd Half went over this past weekend at the Chicago Marathon.  The heat shot up to 89 F during that day.


I attended a marathon seminar.  Quite a few folks attending also did the Chicago Marathon over this past weekend.  Everyone agreed that it was just too hot out there.

The lady sitting next to me said she and her mom did the race together.  She said at the end, her mom had issues and had to be tended to by medical folks.  She said her mom said, "Don't worry about me.  I am OK."

The lady next to me said, "Mom, you are not OK."

Silly as it sounds, sometimes it helps to hear it from others, even though you, yourself, know that you can't control the weather.  And, when things just get too hot out there, the best you can do is to take care of yourself to run another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment