Monday, September 20, 2010

Adjusting for 90%+ Humidity; 6 miles; 9/19/10, Sun.

2 days ago, I wogged a 20 miler, where I felt overheated @ Mile 16.  And, at Mile 19, my right leg cramped up.  It was 78% humidity.

Today, before I ventured out, I took a look at the humidity, and it was 90%+.

Within the 1st mile today, I new it was going to be rough if I didn't adjust the engines back a bit.

I took some healthy swigs of nuun mixed with water when I got stopped at a few red lights along the way.

At the end of my run, I had completed devoured 16.9 oz. of water mixed with nuun.  Often at the end of my run, there would still be fluids in my bottle.  But, today, after 16.9 oz of fluid, I still felt like a thirsty bear.  I opted to not stop at some stores along the way and headed home for more fluids.

6 miles.
Calories:  696

No comments:

Post a Comment