Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Injured and Didn't Realize It Until Midway During a Run. November 15, 2011

Often times before a run, I check my toe nails to minimize damage to my socks.  If a nail is sharp, I usually trim it or file it down.  Today was no different.

But, during my run, I looked down at my shoes. I saw blood seeping out at the top of my shoes.

I got in 6 miles but was distracted along the way.



Guestimate calories burned:  731

-----

 When I got home, this is what I saw:

One of two bloodied shoes.

A pair of bloodied socks.


Cleaning my shoes and socks was not fun.

A pair of shoes being dunked.

My wet shoes are officially out of commission for 1 to 2 weeks to dry.  Fortunately, I have a couple of other pairs of shoes to keep me busy for the duration.

I hope my streak of recent boo, boos have come to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment