The event is an untimed, no bib, social run of 5 miles in the Marina to Hopper's Hand and back.
The proceeds went to charity, and participants receive a tech tee. I believe this year the sponsor is Adidas, so everyone received an Adidas tech tee. I registered at the early registration fee of $10.
There were also some raffle prizes, and after the run, there were some tunes, bagels, fruit and water.
Here are a few pics from the event:
|Folks picking up their Adidas tech tee at the Fleet Feet San Francisco tent.|
|Raffling off raffle prizes.|
|Hopper's Hands is the turn around point.|
|Hopper's Paws is for the dogs who also ran.|
|Post run, there was a DJ spinning some tunes.|
The raffle prizes included the following:
- Adidas shoes (multiple winners)
- Tickets to see the World Champion San Francisco Giants (multiple winners)
- Half Marathon Training Program with Marathon Matt
- An Entry into the Boston Marathon (qualifying times NOT required)
Although I didn't win anything, I had fun and schedule permitting, hope to participate again down the road.
There are 2 more Sunset Runs benefiting charities remaining for 2011. They are as follows:
- JULY 21 at 6:30pm (Benefiting Students Run Oakland)
- AUGUST 18 at 6:30pm (Benefiting Ethembeni School)
For more info. about the Sunset Runs, click here.
Hope you can make it!!!