Friday, May 27, 2011

The 20 Miler that Wasn't

I have a 6 Hour Event in July, so I tried to do a 20 miler today to keep on target.  But, it was the 20 Miler that wasn't.
Things didn't gel together, so I stopped it at 13.1 miles (2:45:20).
Post-wog, I also noticed I was going out at Half Marathon pace when I should have been wogging along on Marathon pace.
I need to rebuild my mileage base and not go out as fast.
Along the way to 13.1 miles, I sampled 3 Cherry Lime Roctane gels and washed them down with Accelerade.
Yummy!!!
I love the Cherry Lime Roctane gel.  The taste reminds me of Cherry 7-UP.  I wonder if they still make Cherry 7-UP.
Bad runs, or wogs, are part of the game.  It happens to everyone.  Just don't dwell on it when things don't gel together and focus on trying to get to where you need to go next time out.
 
I also walked 3.1 miles doing errands today.
Guestimate net calories burned: 1,148

2 comments:

  1. I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. I will bookmark your blog and have my friends check up here often. I am quite sure they will learn lots of new stuff here than anybody else!
    Thanks,
    Olive Ridley Sea turtle

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Frederik - Thanks. Hope my comments help someone out there.

    ReplyDelete