Monday, December 27, 2010

Wogged 8 miles. Product Test: Strawberry Banana PowerBar Energy Gel. December 27, 2010.

Wogged 8 miles.
During my wog, everything was great until my vision went pitch black. For a few seconds, I thought something was wrong with me until I realized it was a power outage.
Product test: Strawberry Banana PowerBar Energy Gel.
Power Bar gels have more sodium than many other brands.  Extra sodium can reduce muscle cramps.
I am currently testing out some gels in search of a more runnier gel for cold weather use.  The Strawberry Banana PowerBar Energy Gel definitely met my cold weather gel needs; it is more runnier than GU gels.  It tastes like children's medicine, but it's livable. Will love the extra sodium when needed; I am hoping it will bust some cramps.
Net calories: 722.

2 comments:

  1. Mae-have you tried Hammer gels?they are a lot more viscous than Gu or Power. It may be what you are looking for. Apple Cinnamon is the best flavor IMHO

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Glenn - Thanks, Glenn, for the suggestion. I'll probably try those also. Currently, I'm loving the extra sodium in the PowerBar gels. I'm also looking for cramp busting gels for warmer and humid climates.

    ReplyDelete