Tuesday, August 10, 2010

From treadmill to 5k

After a month of running on the treadmill at 24 Hour Fitness, I wanted a change of scenery.  After all, how much excitement can the view be of a TV that you can barely see across the gym?

There was an upcoming race several months away, which was the San Francisco Marathon.  I knew I wasn't ready to run 26.2 miles or even 13.1 miles, but it did offer a 5k (or 3.1 miles) and a Progressive Marathon.

I decided to do the Progressive Marathon.  I figure I can run and walk 23.1 miles in the months leading up to race day.  And, I can run 3.1 miles (or 5k) on race day, finishing 26.2 miles total for the Progressive Marathon.

For completing the Progressive Marathon, I would get a medal, which I thought would be totally cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment