Thursday, February 24, 2011

7.59 Miles; My Garmin 305 Won't Turn On and Garmin System Reset. February 24, 2011

My Garmin 305 wouldn't turn on, so I went for a run without it.
 .
Walked 1 mile.

And, 6.59 miles @ estimated 1:23:00

Guestimate calories burned:   752


After I got back, I tried to charge up my 305 using a wall outlet and then thru a USB port on a computer.  Nothing registered.

I then looked thru Garmin's website to try to figure out what to do next.

I looked up the repair rate for a 305.  It was $79.

I felt sad.  I haven't had it for that long.  I had it for about 2 years.

I was thinking that instead of sending my big and clunky unit in for repair, perhaps I should apply the $79 towards a newer and sleeker model.

But, the cost of a new unit is in the $$$'s.  I then felt even sadder.

I mentioned my situation on FB, and 1 of my FB friends came to the rescue.

He gave me the link to Garmin System Reset.  Click here for the link.

I followed the Garmin System Reset instructions, and my Garmin came back to life.

What a relief!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment