Saturday, September 1, 2012

Hoka One One Bondi B: Too Narrow

I keep hearing many marathoners and ultra-marathoners commenting how wonderful the running shoes from Hoka One One are.  They are lightweight without sacrificing the much needed cushioning one needs from a very long run.

For those have never heard of Hoka One One.  It is a brand of shoes.  They are known for being very lightweight as well as great cushioning.

I really do want my shoes lightweight without sacrificing cushioning.  But, the price tag is $170.

Yes, folks, it's no typo, a road running pair of shoes from Hoka One One, the Bondi B, costs $170.

I thought about it on and off for about a week before caving in.

I caved in and purchase a pair of Hoka One One Bondi B.

I had to order them online from Zappos as none of the local stores had them.

When I finally received the box, I was very excited.  I felt like a child on Christmas morning.

I gently opened the box of shoes, untied the shoelaces and pulled the papers that had been stuffed into the shoes.

I then put them on.  But, immediately after putting them on, I was disappointed.

The Hoka One One Bondi B's are too narrow for my feet.  The toe box is fine. The heel area is fine.  But, the shoes are just too narrow for my feet.

I was very sad to send the shoes back.  It was not meant to be.

But, my wallet is happy it is getting $170 back.


No comments:

Post a Comment