Wednesday, February 6, 2013

6.19 Miles; ITB Issues Are Now Gone

Last month (January 2013), I had ITB issues, which flared up during some of my runs.  It was miserable and depressing.  I use to knock out up to 8 miles easily, and I was hobbled by ITB issues as earliest as Mile 2 during some of my runs.  The biggest fear was not knowing when and if all the issues would go away.

I suspect it was due to ramping up mileage too quickly on a poor mileage base and experimenting with different running shoes and shoe inserts.

The mileage is now back up, and I've pretty much settled on the running shoes and inserts.  After several runs, including Super Bowl Sunday's Kaiser Permanente 1/2 Marathon (SF), I am so relieved the ITB issues have gone away.

6.19 miles @ 1:18


Very happy to be out there today.  Legs didn't feel too trashed from the Kaiser Permanente 1/2 Marathon (SF), I wogged along on Super Bowl Sunday, 3 days ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment