Sunday, November 11, 2012

Recovering from a Cold; Product Review: New Balance 890v2. November 10, 2012

I spent the last week recovering from a cold and a couple of nosebleeds.  Unfortunately, I had blown my nose too many times over the past week I ended up with a couple of nosebleeds along the way.

I am glad my sniffles have stopped, and I was able to make my way over to a local running event, where New Balance shoes can be road tested.

I had been hoping they have a version of the 1080, a neutral, cushiony shoe but alas they didn't.  They had the 890v2, so 890v2 it is for the road test.

Lightweight and neutral New Balance 890.

I went out on an easy 5k in them along the concrete jungle of some even and not so uneven asphalt areas.  They were not too bad on the hard concrete areas; I had feared worse on those surfaces.  They were considerably lighter than the Asics Gel Nimbus 14 I usually run in.  The turnovers seem quick and easy.

All in all, a nice, lightweight shoe if I like 5ks or even 10ks, but for half marathons or longer, I'd stuck with my Asics Gel Nimbus.


For more info. on New Balance shoes, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment